Forums » Off-Topic Discussions

Somebody's watching You

• Jeff_Wincott
    • 93 posts
    November 6, 2012 2:10 PM EST

I always feel like somebody’s watching me, and I get no privacy, those are the words from an 80’s hit song by Rockwell and how true it is.

I heard that the busses in Philadelphia that now has cameras in them now also wish to record all that is said in the bus by the riders. What a surveillance filled word we live in, you can’t spend a day in your life without being recorded on a camera someplace. I dare anyone to debunk that unless you live in a very remote place certainly not a big city.

Walk down the street and your captured by many cameras on business, go to work you are on camera, at school, at the mall and on and on.

Where are the cameras going next in our homes? It is 1984 what a visionary novel and it has certainly come true.

• O\u043f\u0456\u043a\u0443\u043d
    • 71 posts
    November 6, 2012 2:16 PM EST

I never think about it but you are right, but why worry unless you are doing something bad?

• Jeff_Wincott
    • 93 posts
    November 6, 2012 2:31 PM EST
    RHB-Fan said:

I never think about it but you are right, but why worry unless you are doing something bad?

Well that is the problem, people always say well only those doing something wrong has to worry.

Why should your private conversations on a bus has to be recorded? why do you have to be filmed wherever you go? there has been no stats that show that having cameras lower crime.

• ShortStop
    • 43 posts
    November 6, 2012 7:54 PM EST

I know eh, I am on camera so much each day I should be on this site as an actor. lol

• JeffJones
    • 84 posts
    November 7, 2012 12:53 AM EST

Well that is the price we pay for living in these times, there is no privacy and the only way you will get it is if you check out move to a cabin in the hills and live like a hermit or move to a third world country and kick back.

• O\u043f\u0456\u043a\u0443\u043d
    • 71 posts
    November 7, 2012 3:24 PM EST

Hahahah you are funny but yes then all of us are in acting. lol

ShortStop said:

I know eh, I am on camera so much each day I should be on this site as an actor. lol

• JeffJones
    • 84 posts
    November 7, 2012 11:43 PM EST

Well since 911 if they could stick a camera on each of our foreheads they would, fascist.