Forums » TV Shows

The Walking Dead

• JeffJones
    • 84 posts
    November 7, 2012 11:44 PM EST

Well one of the hottest shows on the old tube is AMC’s The Walking Dead, so how you all enjoying season 3 so far? I won’t mention anything that contains spoilers and if anyone does in reply to this please use the spoiler marking to warn others.

I personally love it after that waste of a season 2, I swear the budget left with Frank Darabont.

Season 2 was more like Little House on the Prairie as they all decided to chill at Herschel’s farm where a walker seldom strolled by and all we got was a soap opera of the characters dismal lives like who cares.

I should have known with the lame season 2 opener, I thought in season one these walkers could small the living yet they hide under vehicles and the walkers strode by, and what is this with a walker who goes in a camper to check it out? And dumb Sophia runs off and even dumber Rick leaves her alone.

Well enough of boring season 2 this third is off to a rip roaring start so far with the introduction of the Governor and the laconic loner Michonne.

• OG John
    • 86 posts
    November 8, 2012 2:45 PM EST

Roll your eyes moment..season 2 season opener the crew is blcoked by a lot of wrecked cars so they decided to see what they can use and that twit Lori pipes up I dont know about this guys this is a graveyard? lmao you are all fighting for your life in a world of fliping Zombie you twit who cares. Love the look they all gave her even Rick. lol

This post was edited by Admin at January 31, 2013 11:55 AM EST
  • Island_Star
    • 28 posts
    November 8, 2012 3:51 PM EST

Season 2 got a bit better after episode 7 dudes when Shane went postal and cleared out the barn.

This post was edited by Island_Star at November 8, 2012 3:51 PM EST
  • Skater_TJ
    • 90 posts
    November 8, 2012 10:29 PM EST

The Walking Dead rules best show on TV, yes sure there are some dumb things like so many cool cars around with keys in them and they drive those crap vehicles. lol

• <i>Deleted Member<\/i>
    • 3 posts
    November 9, 2012 12:54 AM EST

Love the Walking Dead, and I'm VERY excited about Season 3 (Especially as a fan of the comics, with the introduction of The Governor and all!) Ain't a fan of Lori (although Sarah Wayne Callies was great in Prison Break), but the Ricktatorship is going to make things interesting. Plus, Michonne can really kick some butt!

• Gossip_Girl
    • 5 posts
    November 9, 2012 12:00 PM EST

I love The Walking Dead but I have to look away at some of the kilings, omg gross me out.

I love the characters I hate when any of the regulars die, and I dont mind LOri, well hate Lori but Sarah Wayne Callies is an excellent actress.

• Klattuu
    • 152 posts
    November 9, 2012 2:36 PM EST

LMAO, Little House on the Prairie yes season had a lot of die hards getting ready to bail on the show.

I wonder how could a smart educated man like Herschel think the walkers are sick people who could be cured? come on gimme a break.

• Cameron's Girl
    • 4 posts
    November 9, 2012 8:08 PM EST

Why do people hate Lori? I mean cuzz she went with Shane? she thought Rick was dead and wehn she found out he was not she was realy mad at Shane.

She cares for her kid, who I think is more annoying than she is and also Carol is super annoying so why hating on Lori.

• Admin
    • 27 posts
    November 9, 2012 10:47 PM EST

Love the show, one of very few I have time and take time to watch.

Came acros a blog that gives great reviews of each episode and other movies and shows around.

If you have not seen the epiosde there are spoilers.

http://custodianfilmcritic.com/

• Film_Fan
    • 53 posts
    November 10, 2012 1:27 AM EST

LOL, well the budget might have left with Darabont but it is back in SE 3, you can see a much higher quality in the production.

In season 2 it was like they ran out of cash and wanted a sattinary set, so Herchel's farm fit the bill. The show is back in high gear that has me loking forward to Sundays.

High quality TV folks, like Prison Break, The Wire etc.

This post was edited by Film_Fan at November 10, 2012 1:27 AM EST
  • Film_Fan
    • 53 posts
    November 10, 2012 1:28 AM EST

I wil check out the custodianfilmcritic.

Admin said:

Love the show, one of very few I have time and take time to watch.

Came acros a blog that gives great reviews of each episode and other movies and shows around.

If you have not seen the epiosde there are spoilers.

http://custodianfilmcritic.com/

• <i>Deleted Member<\/i>
    • 3 posts
    November 10, 2012 1:07 PM EST

@John (FilmFan)

Well, it's less of their wanting to have a set they can stay on for a while, but the pace of the series itself compared to the comic. Season 2 only covered about 4 issues. Season 1 - about 10, I guess.

@Cameron's Girl

I think some (if not most) people hate Lori because she's constantly endangering the group for somewhat trivial needs (or problems that she got herself into and could easily get herself out of.) Same goes with Carl (he was a bit of a liability in Season's 1-2). I'm glad that now he's becoming useful!

and for my final (and tons more shorter) response:

@Klattuu

<|SPOILER|>

Hershel's wife and son (?) were made zombies and put in his barn. He was just trying to stay hopeful in case there was a cure. The way he saw it, if he isolated them they weren't hurting anyone (which was true, BTW.)

<|SPOILER|>

• BizKid
    • 16 posts
    November 10, 2012 2:18 PM EST

I love this show, I would love to be Zombie kid, even if I take an arrow from Daryls bow to my head. lol

Dary rocks he is the best of that group, I also like T-Dog but that character was not used fully.

• $NavyBoy$
    • 49 posts
    November 11, 2012 1:15 PM EST

It is a good show but how will it end? will it just be canceled abruptly or will we have a nice anounced final season and final episode like the great "Lost" I mean with how the world is and since the virus is in all when each person die they are a Zombie so way more Zombies than peeps.

So in the end they wil all die and we will see Zombie Rick come out still weasring that ridiculous sheriff hat come out shuffling and snarling and looks right into the camera as it fades to black. lol hahahahaha

• Front_Row_Center
    • 68 posts
    November 12, 2012 2:36 PM EST

The Walking Dead lost it's way for most of season 2 when it became "As the Farm Turns" but it is solidly back on track through 5 episodes of this season.

• Island_Star
    • 28 posts
    November 14, 2012 5:38 PM EST

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~SPOILER BELOW FOR EP5~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did anyone else notice the Sheriff bag of guns in the Governor's apartment when Michione was poking around? Does that mean the Governor and his men killed Guillermo and his people and all the seniors? if so man he is a mad dog.

• ConnorM
    • 9 posts
    November 22, 2012 5:00 PM EST

Hey yea Island_Star I noticed it but a lot of my friends didnt when I told them about it then when they watched it again they saw it.

I think that is what happened, that governor is a sick dude.

• ShortStop
    • 43 posts
    January 4, 2013 4:17 PM EST

I hate Rick hope he gets Zombified, Shane was awesome he knew what it took to be like in a world like that to survive be hard be cold and cruel and now that *** Rick is exactly how Shane was so what was his poi8nt trying to cool down Shane??? answer me that Rick Fan Boyz.

• Jeff_Wincott
    • 93 posts
    December 2, 2013 1:54 AM EST

Great mid season finale tonight on TWD, nice to see some lose ends wrapped up.

I will stay clear of spoilers for those of you who just got off your rocket ship from the moon all other fans I am sure had some shock and some satisfaction.

ON another note what a psycho kid this Lizzie is I think she is respnsible for that rat thing and maybe even the Dave and karen thing and carol covered for her......what a lil psycho.

• RichardD
    • 7 posts
    December 2, 2013 5:33 PM EST

It was awesome OMG did you see what Lizzie did? because of that my mom got all mad said I am not to watch that show anymore? I mean what the heck? oh man I can't wait for it to start back in Feb by that time she forgot. lol

• Mellisa A
    • 20 posts
    December 3, 2013 2:01 AM EST

I just don't know what people see in this violent show.

• &lt;i&gt;Deleted Member&lt;\/i&gt;
    • 3 posts
    December 3, 2013 3:39 PM EST

@Mellissa A

It's really not about violence, or zombies. It's about people living in an apocalypse, and the difficult choices they have to make in order to survive. It's a fantastic drama, and an even better show.

• Sofine
    • 66 posts
    December 3, 2013 3:59 PM EST

I also like the show but I do not for a minute like what they had the Lizzie character do, to have a child do that is not cool even though I do think the character is a psycho but that is pushinh the envelope if you ask me. IMHO.

• Tristan
    • 36 posts
    December 3, 2013 8:59 PM EST
    Dude, TWD tries to show it as realistic as possible in that situation and Lizzie is a stone cold weirdo she has more sympathy for a zombie than a human, she cried for that zombie lol she is wacked she is 666.
    Sofine said:

I also like the show but I do not for a minute like what they had the Lizzie character do, to have a child do that is not cool even though I do think the character is a psycho but that is pushinh the envelope if you ask me. IMHO.

• Klattuu
    • 152 posts
    December 5, 2013 1:40 AM EST

Lets be clear here kids, despite the fact that TWD is a big hit with younger kids also this show is not aimed at them.This is a Cable network show for mature viwers with no holds barred that airs at 9PM on a Sunday night this is not on NBC at 7PM.

The mid season finale was a tour de force and yes it was cringe worthy what Lizzie does but were not in Kansas anymore Dorothy.