Forums » TSO Grads

Bates Motel

• OmahaTrevor
    • 109 posts
    March 15, 2013 2:39 PM EDT

Interesting seeing the changes in a lot of grads. On the down side, Amanda Bynes had a DUI bust and made quite a scene of hersllf. Also Franki Muniz had a 'mini-stroke' three months ago. There's also good news too. Hakey's still acting in a movie I'll Follow You Down and did a spoof ad for It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia. Frankie is back in acting and still plays with his band in Arizona. Jamie Bell and Evan are expecting their first child. And we just saw Daniel Radcliffe at the Oscars. Actually you can still keep you attention to your old favs with their twitters. The only TSO grads I know of not having one are Haley and Trevor Morgan.

Anyways one grad has a show on A&E coming out. Yes, Freddie Higmore is now a TSO grad having turned 21 on Valentine's Day. Is he that old? my does time fly! He's now in a TV series where he plays a young Norman Bates. Here's the site to Bates Motel: http://www.batesmotel.com/12rooms/

Also you have to hand it to Bates Motel for bringing the entertainment back to A&E. Besides I loathe reality TV.

• JeffJones
    • 84 posts
    April 10, 2013 8:04 PM EDT

I don't know what I think of the show, I really don't know yet.

Freddie 21 well today Haley turns 25, wow! where does time go it seems like yesterday he was uttering those famous words "I see dead People" now 25 years old?

• OmahaTrevor
    • 109 posts
    April 11, 2013 8:39 PM EDT
    JeffJones said:

I don't know what I think of the show, I really don't know yet.

Freddie 21 well today Haley turns 25, wow! where does time go it seems like yesterday he was uttering those famous words "I see dead People" now 25 years old?

I know that is a surprise. You can't blame KidActors for closing their site down this summer. The actors aren't kids anymore. Yahoo Movies did a GIF salute to him: http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-talk/sixth-sense-kid-haley-joel-osment-turns-25-222619532.html?.tsrc=appleww|0|0|0|0|0|1058291935.002252012-08-10.html/

• Rachel
    • 83 posts
    April 11, 2013 9:46 PM EDT

Wow! Haley Joel is 25? what an awesome kid actor he was.

• Klattuu
    • 152 posts
    April 15, 2013 3:16 PM EDT

It still feels odd to me seeing Freddie in a series. 

• OmahaTrevor
    • 109 posts
    April 23, 2013 8:37 PM EDT
    Klattuu said:

It still feels odd to me seeing Freddie in a series. 

It shouldn't be too odd. There are a lot of big name actors doing TV series for channels like HBO. With those channels, it's not as much of a downgrade of stardom as it used to be.

• Pink Floyd
    • 4 posts
    April 24, 2013 2:47 PM EDT

I actually like it and I had the same feeling also at first that because he was now doing series TV his star had diminish but I agree with Omaha Trevor that is not true these days.  In the 50's and 60's movie stars would not touch TV.

• Jon_Brit
    • 33 posts
    April 25, 2013 2:34 PM EDT

I kind of get the same feeling mate, I mean I always think of Freddie in big movies and to see him on the telly I think his satr has dropped, Not that there is anything wrong with being on the telly mind you but he always has been in big movies solely.

• Chris Kross
    • 37 posts
    May 7, 2013 1:33 PM EDT

I don't know lads, Freddie on the American telly? just don't seem right at all.

• OmahaTrevor
    • 109 posts
    May 14, 2013 1:30 PM EDT
    Chris Kross said:

I don't know lads, Freddie on the American telly? just don't seem right at all.

Freddie isn't the only film actor in Bates Motel. Vera Famiga who plays Mother was nominated for an Oscar four years earlier. Also Elijah Wood is acting in a show on a cable channel too.