Forums General General Teen Stars
  • Topic: Young Artist Awards nominees

    Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • April 3, 2012 3:47 PM EDT
      • Post(s)
        26
      • Thank(s)
        5
      • Thanked
        0
      • cR(s)
        0 0

      Untitled

      Ah thanks for that mate.
    • April 3, 2012 3:50 PM EDT
      • Post(s)
        32
      • Thank(s)
        6
      • Thanked
        0
      • cR(s)
        0 0

      Untitled

      Thanks Trevor, going to check it now see how many of our TSO made a nom.
    • April 25, 2012 3:40 PM EDT
      • Post(s)
        115
      • Thank(s)
        0
      • Thanked
        5
      • cR(s)
        8 0

      Untitled

      Chris Kross said:
      Thanks Trevor, going to check it now see how many of our TSO made a nom.


      A lot were. Some were left out, like Thomas Horn and Robbie Kay. They also left out some other good ones too like Hunter McCracken in The Tree Of Life. I'll never understand awards shows.

    • April 26, 2012 11:32 AM EDT
      • Post(s)
        91
      • Thank(s)
        5
      • Thanked
        1
      • cR(s)
        1 0

      Untitled

      Yes I thought Thomas Horn would be a sure nomination and maybe even the winner. He got great reciews for his acting.
    • May 10, 2012 4:12 PM EDT
      • Post(s)
        51
      • Thank(s)
        5
      • Thanked
        0
      • cR(s)
        0 0

      Untitled

      They don't get it right too often from what I have read.

       

       

      OmahaTrevor said:

      Chris Kross said:
      Thanks Trevor, going to check it now see how many of our TSO made a nom.


      A lot were. Some were left out, like Thomas Horn and Robbie Kay. They also left out some other good ones too like Hunter McCracken in The Tree Of Life. I'll never understand awards shows.

       

    • May 11, 2012 3:47 PM EDT
      • Post(s)
        115
      • Thank(s)
        0
      • Thanked
        5
      • cR(s)
        8 0

      Untitled

      ShortStop said:

      They don't get it right too often from what I have read.

       

       

      OmahaTrevor said:

      Chris Kross said:
      Thanks Trevor, going to check it now see how many of our TSO made a nom.


      A lot were. Some were left out, like Thomas Horn and Robbie Kay. They also left out some other good ones too like Hunter McCracken in The Tree Of Life. I'll never understand awards shows.

       

      An Awards show is an awards show. Even now some might question the choice of winners. Like I never saw Dakota Goyo inReal Steel but I wonder how he beat out Asa and Joel Courtney. Some might even question Chloe winning over Elle Fanning. One thing I learned is that the YAA's don't owe anyone any favors. I remember five years ago the Oscar-nominted performance of Saoirse in Atonement lost to AnnaSophia in Brdge To Terabithia. Also Freddie Highmore never won an individual Young Artist Award. Does get you thinking.

       

      Another thing too is I think there should be an award for acting on Youtube videos. I even feel the kids from Kids React deserve an award. :-D

      This post was edited by OmahaTrevor at May 11, 2012 3:49 PM EDT
    • May 15, 2012 4:48 PM EDT
      • Post(s)
        134
      • Thank(s)
        32
      • Thanked
        4
      • cR(s)
        4 0

      Untitled

      Well I am sure the kids are thrill to get it but you do have to question some of the decisions and the wining process is not transparent enough it seems there is no real criteria you can put your hand on that gets a star the hardware. And too many top notch performances are not even submitted I mean Kodi Smit McPhee in "The Road" a fwew years back that should have been a lock.

    Icon Legend and Forum Rights

  • Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel