Forums » Celebs

Top 10 Child Stars Destroyed By Fame

• Jeff_Wincott
    • 93 posts
    May 7, 2014 9:43 AM EDT

(Came across this article on topic for this site and want to share, comments please.)

Hollywood can be a dream maker, but more often than not, it’s a dream breaker.

The pressures put on child stars are enormous, and not all child actors can handle the stress, particularly if they don’t have the loving support of a sane family.

Unfortunately, bright lights, fame and fortune sometimes come at a high price for such young blood.

Here are some of those tragic young souls who lost their way, and in some cases, found their way back, in the midst of the crazy that is Tinsel Town.

Read the full story at  www.boxofficescoop.com

This post was edited by Admin at May 27, 2015 11:51 AM EDT
  • Shawn
    • 41 posts
    May 7, 2014 2:35 PM EDT

Macaulay Culkin very ncie in the old movie "Home Alone," sorry for his troubles now.

• OG John
    • 86 posts
    May 7, 2014 3:00 PM EDT

Sad but true lad all ten on the list turned out quite dodgy and none more so that Lindsay Lohan. TSK!

• Garyiscool
    • 69 posts
    May 7, 2014 4:51 PM EDT

The only shocker is Amanda Bynes to me, the worst of the bunch is the train wrecks Lindsday Lohan and Edward Furlong. Too much money and fame then the booze and the drugs and just plin crazy. 

• Riley
    • 34 posts
    May 8, 2014 11:20 AM EDT

They did not get like that just because they were in acting, they got that way because of poor parenting period. There are many people that acted as kids that are just fine thank you but they always focus on those that messed up.

This post was edited by Riley at May 8, 2014 11:22 AM EDT
  • joseP
    • 10 posts
    May 8, 2014 1:54 PM EDT

Why is the Home Alone kid on here I dont here anything bad about him, wlel cept what I just read and that is not bad compared to other people.

• OG John
    • 86 posts
    May 8, 2014 4:00 PM EDT

Well true mate I don't think just because you were a child actor leads to that, thesew kids had it in them actors or not. I guess acting just provided the money, if you broke it harder to party hard. lol

[blockquote]Riley said:

They did not get like that just because they were in acting, they got that way because of poor parenting period. There are many people that acted as kids that are just fine thank you but they always focus on those that messed up.

[/blockquote]

• Klattuu
    • 152 posts
    May 8, 2014 9:51 PM EDT

All of them were so big when young and acting, very popular the bunch. Amanda Byne went off the rails also but maybe a little more quietly then Lindsay. lol

• Riley
    • 34 posts
    May 12, 2014 2:04 PM EDT

Well way more child stars grow up with no problems they just always lok at the ones that got problems and then they blame it on because they were a child star, maybe it is but I don't know does anyone? pleanty of peeps turn out bad that never acted in their life.

[blockquote]OG John said:

Well true mate I don't think just because you were a child actor leads to that, thesew kids had it in them actors or not. I guess acting just provided the money, if you broke it harder to party hard. lol

[blockquote]Riley said:

[/blockquote]

[/blockquote]

• Front_Row_Center
    • 68 posts
    May 14, 2014 12:35 AM EDT

Fame, oversize heads big bank accounts and a built in predisposition to bad behavior.

• Problem Child
    • 15 posts
    May 16, 2014 9:50 PM EDT

I am glad Michael Oliver who play Junior in Problem Child movies not there, but what happen to him? no more acting???

• OCkid
    • 6 posts
    August 6, 2014 9:42 PM EDT

Destroyed bt fame or by poor choices? many famous people that are not destroyed by fame. I say poor choices or poor parenting.

• OmahaTrevor85
    • 121 posts
    January 11, 2016 10:49 PM EST
    Jeff_Wincott said:

(Came across this article on topic for this site and want to share, comments please.)

Hollywood can be a dream maker, but more often than not, it’s a dream breaker.

The pressures put on child stars are enormous, and not all child actors can handle the stress, particularly if they don’t have the loving support of a sane family.

Unfortunately, bright lights, fame and fortune sometimes come at a high price for such young blood.

Here are some of those tragic young souls who lost their way, and in some cases, found their way back, in the midst of the crazy that is Tinsel Town.

Read the full story at  www.boxofficescoop.com

Quite something. Glad to see WatchMojo explain it all.