Forums » General Teen Stars

2015 Young Artist Awards handed out.

• JeffJones
    • 84 posts
    March 19, 2015 3:02 PM EDT

The Young Artist Awards were handed out March 15, congratulations to all the winners and to those who were nominated. A special shout-out to the stars listed here at Teen Stars Online who walked away with awards. Quvenzhane Wallis, John Paul Ruttan, Christian Hutcherson, Benjamin Stockham, Joey Luthman and Thomas Barbusca all were victorious.

See full list of winners in red.

• OG John
    • 86 posts
    March 19, 2015 3:35 PM EDT

Nothing against the winners but I feel this award is more a popularity contest than a true look at the performance in most cases.

Case in point how in the bloody hell can John Paul Ruttan win over Daniel Huttlestone? watch both movies and tell me honestly. THis is nothing against Ruttan but the role was not in the legue of Huttlestone.

• Sofine
    • 66 posts
    March 19, 2015 9:36 PM EDT

I get that impression, it is not fair because the kids that win and deserved it get people wondering if it weas fair or not.

I have heard off the record from some in that business who do believe it is not a fairly run awards, I still think it is good fun for the young actors.

One thing I don;t understand is how some kid/reen performances are not even nominated.

• Missthing
    • 16 posts
    March 19, 2015 9:51 PM EDT
    Not fair? that is said about all award shows you wil find just as many that agree also disagree with a win. Just ask Kanye West. lol lmao
    Sofine said:

I get that impression, it is not fair because the kids that win and deserved it get people wondering if it weas fair or not.

I have heard off the record from some in that business who do believe it is not a fairly run awards, I still think it is good fun for the young actors.

One thing I don;t understand is how some kid/reen performances are not even nominated.

This post was edited by Missthing at March 19, 2015 9:55 PM EDT
  • OmahaTrevor85
    • 121 posts
    March 20, 2015 10:42 PM EDT

Thanks. I didn't notice they were handed out. Congratz to the winners.

• Skater_TJ
    • 90 posts
    March 21, 2015 1:38 AM EDT

This event needs more publicity you have to stumble on when the nominations are done and then stumble on when they are given out. Show some respect for these young artist please and  get this show into the big time.

• OmahaTrevor85
    • 121 posts
    March 21, 2015 5:21 PM EDT

One thing I have to say is that 2014 was a mostly quiet year for young actors. There wasn't really a performance that could compete with the grownups and plus there were some people that found Annie rather insufferable. I find it hard to debate the winners. Funny thing about Into The Woods is that the younger actors did a better job than most of the older ones. Daniel and Lilla looked like two who knew how to act in a musical while there were many adult actors who just tried to sing.

Another thing is I thought there would be nominations for Ellar and Alex Lawther of The Imitation Game but I guess they beat the age limit.

• Rachel
    • 83 posts
    March 22, 2015 8:19 PM EDT

MEH! Christian should have won.

• Klattuu
    • 152 posts
    April 2, 2015 4:19 PM EDT

Good for all the young artist, they are vital to the industry for movies and TV roles and sometimes they are not appreciated enough.

This is a nice reward for them to be nominated firstly and then if they eventually take the trophy home. I don't know about selection of winners but I wonder about the nomination process because I have seen many great roles by kids/teens go without a nomination.

• Film_Fan
    • 53 posts
    April 3, 2015 12:01 AM EDT

On the nominations I was told a few years ago that the actor or someone must send in a clip representing what they would like to be nominated for. I am not sure if it is still done that way.