Forums » TV Shows

The Strain - Season 2

• Garyiscool
    • 69 posts
    July 21, 2015 3:45 PM EDT

Awesome show and so far this season through the first two episodes I love it.

One thing I just don't get is the change in Zach, yes they changed the actor and why I don't know but this season the writers of the show has turned Zach into a very unlikable brat of a kid.

He is angry and seems to have no respect for his dad or the others, I don't know I like the way it was played by Ben Hyland but now they changed the actor and also the character it seems.

I don't like this angry, prick of a Zach they have this season.

• LabRat
    • 1 posts
    July 21, 2015 5:46 PM EDT

I agree, I liked the other Zach more they made him too much a jerk now. lol

• Rachel
    • 83 posts
    July 22, 2015 5:26 PM EDT

Yes Zach is very rude so far this season, I dislike kids that act that way very rude.

Why they making him so spiteful? I loved the zach played by Ben Holland.

• Jeff_Wincott
    • 93 posts
    August 20, 2015 12:51 PM EDT

Since we are talking about “The Strain” I can’t stand that new kid with his attitude. I swear if I see him give people that upward look again I am going through the TV. This kid can’t raise his head and look up it is always that stupid eye turn up look. Bring back Ben Hyland somebody screwed up.

• Emo Boy
    • 15 posts
    August 23, 2015 1:05 AM EDT

Ben Hyland is not in it because the show runers like carlton Cuse thought he was not a good enough actor to habdle some upcoming crap.

The rub is this new kid bring nothing new to the table except a constant pout and the funy look someone mentioned he does with eyes looking up at people. IMHO I liked Ben Hyland as the kid more he acted more like a real kid.

• Jeff_Wincott
    • 93 posts
    October 5, 2015 1:17 AM EDT

SPOLIERS IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN the episode.......do not read.

I seriously can’t believe the writers of this show expect us to believe that a kid would be so stupid to do what Zach did on the season 2 finale. I mean seriously after all the warnings and all that he has seen with his own two eyes that he would be still so damn stupid. Please do not tell me oh it is his mom that is not his mother, the writers think we all are stupid. I have not read the book so I don’t know if this is how it went down there also but seriously that is just plain dumb.

• Front_Row_Center
    • 68 posts
    October 18, 2015 5:10 PM EDT
    I will be blunt about this but Max Charles was just awful as Zach. This kid either over acts or under plays some scenes. He lacks range, and they replaced Ben Hyland for him? Looks like they need to recast that role again. 
  • Geraldine
    • 7 posts
    October 24, 2015 10:10 AM EDT
    You are so mean. I think he is cute but I also like Ben Hyland.
    Front_Row_Center said:
    I will be blunt about this but Max Charles was just awful as Zach. This kid either over acts or under plays some scenes. He lacks range, and they replaced Ben Hyland for him? Looks like they need to recast that role again. 

• Kandy_Gurl
    • 6 posts
    November 8, 2015 11:59 PM EST

Stop hatin on Max Charles, I thought they were both good and to be honest dont even know why they switched.