Forums » Movies

My Top 10 Movies Of 2014

• OmahaTrevor85
    • 121 posts
    August 19, 2015 8:42 PM EDT

Yes I did make a list for 2014, despite how lackluster it was of a movie year both in critical fare and blockbusters but here it goes:

1. American Sniper - This is one movie that most went beyond what I thought it would be. That's why it gets top spot.
    2. Boyhood - I think every adult male can see part of their own boyhood in Mason's.
    3. The Grand Budapest Hotel - The comedy of the year. Wes Anderson doesn't lose his eccentricity and succeeds to charm.
    4. Selma - An excellent story that has as much importance today.
    5. The Imitation Game - As much about the story as it is about the man behind it.
    6. Whiplash - The drive to be the best and a teacher that pushes for it makes a stormier mix than you thought.
    7. Wild - A journey that keeps you intrigued from start to finish.
    8. The Theory of Everything - This is as much about Jane Hawking as it is about Stephen.
    9. Birdman - Excellent story and picture but not too sure who its core audience is.
    10. Gone Girl - Excellent story about a children's writer whose best work of fiction isn't on any print.

Honorable Mention:

• Still Alice - I didn't think a film about Alzeimer's would please an audience but it does.
    • Foxcatcher - An anatomy of a murder. It's as much about the people involved as it is about the story.
    • The LEGO Movie - Animated movie of the year without a doubt.
    • Interstellar - Possibly the most underrated movie of the year. Very good story. Very good effects.
    • Ida - Foreign film of the year. Very well-done.

Other Films Of Note:

Popcorn Movie Of The Year - Guardians Of The Galaxy - Marvel takes a cartoon ensemble not many knew about and turned them into household names.

Morally Redeeming Film Of The Year - Selma

Family Movie Of The Year - The LEGO Movie

• Jazzy_Girl
    • 24 posts
    August 19, 2015 9:27 PM EDT

I love Boyhood, awesome and amazing movie.

• RobG
    • 7 posts
    August 23, 2015 11:10 PM EDT

Guardians of the Galaxy, Interstellar, Boyhood, The Lego Movie and Amrican Sniper are ones I saw you mentioned and I liked them all.

• OG John
    • 86 posts
    August 24, 2015 4:52 PM EDT

Of those you mentioned I have only see also American Sniper (propaganda) Boyhood (Unique) Interstallar (awesome) and Guardians of the Galaxy (Fun).

This post was edited by OG John at August 24, 2015 4:54 PM EDT
  • $NavyBoy$
    • 49 posts
    August 25, 2015 12:29 AM EDT

An excellent listing, I agree with the films listed, my only change would have” Boyhood” as the top film and I would remove “Wild” from top ten and have “Interstellar” in the list.

American Sniper was well made and acted but I agree with many who felt it was a bit too much USA USA.

• Sofine
    • 66 posts
    August 25, 2015 11:18 PM EDT

The best film of 2014 was "Boyhood" hands down.

• Garyiscool
    • 69 posts
    August 25, 2015 11:57 PM EDT

Where is San Andreas??? lol j/k those are quality movies, you should be working for the Hollywood reporter.

These movies unfortunately most teens wont watch and that is too bad and I incvlude myself but I saw...Imitation Game, Wild and Birdman.

• Adrienne
    • 7 posts
    August 26, 2015 1:11 PM EDT

Thank you for this list, I liked Wild it has to be my fav I have seen in 2014 and second is Boyhood.

• Jeffrey007
    • 43 posts
    August 30, 2015 2:03 AM EDT

I agree with all in your top ten but I might shift the ordr a bit with Boyhood as the top film and I would move Sniper all the way down to 10 spot. It was a good movie but personally I don;t hold it that high.

• Riley
    • 34 posts
    October 30, 2015 11:21 AM EDT

Interstellar was awesome, that would be in my top ten for sure.

• Skater_TJ
    • 90 posts
    December 2, 2015 11:31 PM EST

Believe it or not I really liked Wild, I know not your average teen movie but it was cool kept me into it right through.