Forums » TV Shows

Worst Character Ever - Zach Goodweather

• Emo Boy
    • 15 posts
    November 9, 2016 1:13 AM EST

Zack Goodweather of "The Strain" has to be the stupidest kid character to ever I mean ever be created for a film or TV show, I can’t even watch when he has a scene.

Good lord could any person be this stupid, I mean after the things he has seen and should know. It would have been fine if they had written this kid as being not all there, like having some cognitive developmental problems but no they present him as a smart functional kid.

I mean he is no older than I am, and feel sorry for Max Charles that has to play him, please kill this character off early in the final season 4.

Nobody could be as stupid as Zach Goodweather.

This post was edited by Emo Boy at November 25, 2016 11:18 AM EST
  • Shawn
    • 41 posts
    November 9, 2016 9:41 AM EST

So true, very annoyingly stupid.

• RobG
    • 7 posts
    November 9, 2016 10:41 AM EST

Kid is a joke.

• MariaD
    • 17 posts
    November 9, 2016 3:16 PM EST

LOL, I don't watch it but always hear my brother yelling what a stupud kid at the TV.

• Lone
    • 15 posts
    November 9, 2016 4:30 PM EST

He is pretty dumb, poor Max Charles he is just acting and saying the lines written for him so blame who wrote it.

• Front_Row_Center
    • 68 posts
    November 10, 2016 12:52 AM EST

Season one Zach was a normal kid, very likable and then in season two they changed the actor and made him very unlikable, quite obnoxious if you ask me.

I don't blame Max Charles it is just a poorly written character.

• 1D_Gurl
    • 6 posts
    November 10, 2016 8:54 PM EST

omg I can't stand that kid on that show...love the show tho nice and creepy. cx

• Film_Fan
    • 53 posts
    November 10, 2016 11:22 PM EST

I think this character is widely despised by fans of "The Strain,"  just poorly scripted for the poor young actor.

This post was edited by Film_Fan at November 10, 2016 11:51 PM EST
  • Jeff_Wincott
    • 93 posts
    November 10, 2016 11:48 PM EST

Everbody Hates Chris, I mean Zach.

I agree the decisions made by the kid are frustrating, desopte all he has seen.

Poor Max Charles, lets not forget the hate is on Zach Goodweather portrayed by Max Charles not on Max Charles.

One thing The Strain has the good sense to wrap up after four seasons, it has been announced next year is the last.

On the other hand we have The Walking Dead which seems to want to go forever recyling plots.

• Lukas
    • 33 posts
    November 11, 2016 3:20 PM EST

I would gladly act in a hit show no matter how dumb the role is, I like money and fame.

• Jack_Flash
    • 10 posts
    November 11, 2016 10:01 PM EST

Glad I am not the only one that hates Zach Goodweather. lol

• Sarah05
    • 2 posts
    November 12, 2016 2:12 PM EST

Max Charles is cute tho.

• Klattuu
    • 152 posts
    November 13, 2016 12:58 AM EST

The screen writers causes him to say and do some ridiculous things, take the season finale, after he let the thing kill the man his vampire mom tells him he did the right thing he goes I DID, then later he innocently ask why haven’t I been turned? Who writes this stuff?

How he sits and talks with his turned mom after all he has seen is mind boggling, this character drags this show down. Either improve the writing or eliminate the role.

• BammerWee
    • 8 posts
    November 15, 2016 9:13 PM EST

When Zach is on screen I cringe.

• JeffJones
    • 84 posts
    November 16, 2016 11:54 PM EST

It is quite simple actually, to get certain dramatic elements of the story implemented they make the child character say and do stupid things. The problem is they make him either act stupid or much younger that he is, some of the reactions are more what a 4 or 5 year old would do not a kid his age.

• UdontCme
    • 4 posts
    November 20, 2016 11:56 PM EST

I agree but yes it is not the actor Max Charles we are talking about it is how his character is, kinda like Carl I agree. lol

• StewartG
    • 4 posts
    November 21, 2016 11:29 PM EST

Zach Goodweather is bad but Carl Grimes could give him a run for the money as most annoying and stupid character.

• Jeff_Wincott
    • 93 posts
    November 21, 2016 11:48 PM EST
    Lazy writing to take shortcuts to emphasize conflicts and move the plot forward, in so doing they make two competent young actors seem like complete and utter morons.
    StewartG said:

Zach Goodweather is bad but Carl Grimes could give him a run for the money as most annoying and stupid character.