Forums » Brandon Tyler Russell

Smitty Comes to DVD

• Admin
    • 27 posts
    March 12, 2012 11:17 PM EDT

Brandon Tyler Russell’s first feature film hits DVD’s on April 10 with a premiere in the Los Angeles area on March 22. The Red Carpet event will be held at the Regency in Thousand Oaks, Ca. at 5:30 and tickets for film are $15.00 each. The film also stars Mira Sorvino, Peter Fonda, Louis Gossett Jr., Jason Landon and Twilight's Boo Boo Stewart

Brandon plays mischievous thirteen-year-old Ben who is sent to his grandfather's farm for the summer, where he crosses paths with a lovable mutt. With help from the unlikely canine companion, Ben learns the importance of friendship, family and responsibility. When life gets tough for Ben, a friendly paw is all it takes to pull him through.

Smitty’s star Brandon expressed an interest in acting at the age of 3. He began repeating lines from movies and telling his mom he wanted to be on TV. At the age of 4, his mother got him his 1st agent in Chicago. He immediately began to book commercials and joined SAG in 2001 (at the age of 5). (Pictured is Czech Republic Dvd Cover - Copyright by respective production studio and/or distributor. Intended for editorial use only.)

This post was edited by Admin at June 12, 2016 12:12 AM EDT
    null
  • $NavyBoy$
    • 49 posts
    March 13, 2012 3:49 PM EDT
    I have ordered my copy.
  • Julie_Star
    • 5 posts
    March 13, 2012 6:35 PM EDT
    Awesome, waiting patiently.
  • NZgirl
    • 13 posts
    April 1, 2012 12:34 AM EDT
    The time draws closer for the release of Smitty, I can't wait to see a younger Brandon up on the screen. lolz
  • Carrie013
    • 10 posts
    April 6, 2012 2:12 PM EDT
    Yes next week it is out and I hope my pre-order is delivered quickly I dont want to wait too long after other peeps went in store and got it quickly.
    Admin said:

Brandon Tyler Russell’s first feature film hits DVD’s on April 10 with a premiere in the Los Angeles area on March 22. The Red Carpet event will be held at the Regency in Thousand Oaks, Ca. at 5:30 and tickets for film are $15.00 each. The film also stars Mira Sorvino, Peter Fonda, Louis Gossett Jr., Jason Landon and Twilight's Boo Boo Stewart

Brandon plays mischievous thirteen-year-old Ben who is sent to his grandfather's farm for the summer, where he crosses paths with a lovable mutt. With help from the unlikely canine companion, Ben learns the importance of friendship, family and responsibility. When life gets tough for Ben, a friendly paw is all it takes to pull him through.

Smitty’s star Brandon expressed an interest in acting at the age of 3. He began repeating lines from movies and telling his mom he wanted to be on TV. At the age of 4, his mother got him his 1st agent in Chicago. He immediately began to book commercials and joined SAG in 2001 (at the age of 5). (Pictured is Czech Republic Dvd Cover - Copyright by respective production studio and/or distributor. Intended for editorial use only.)

• JBChick
    • 3 posts
    April 6, 2012 4:34 PM EDT
    @Carrie013, I think with pre-orders like from Amazon they ship them out a few days before thhe actual release date so you could get it maybe even earlier than stores.
    This post was edited by JBChick at April 6, 2012 4:34 PM EDT
  • Shakira S
    • 7 posts
    April 6, 2012 10:38 PM EDT
    I will be watching it the day it hits the stores.
  • Skater_TJ
    • 90 posts
    April 9, 2012 1:54 PM EDT
    Who gets to watch it right away plz no spoilers or add spoilers so people who have not seen it will not have scenes ruined.
  • Lone
    • 15 posts
    April 10, 2012 4:55 PM EDT
    Wonder who will be first to come in that seen it? I hope to get it later this week.
  • Film_Fan
    • 53 posts
    April 12, 2012 7:56 PM EDT
    I am going to pic it up and watch it this weekend.
  • Carrie013
    • 10 posts
    April 15, 2012 11:38 AM EDT
    Wow! I can't believe I am first to comment I saw "Smitty" last night I was so excited and yea it is really a sweet movie, I liked it.
    It was funny in parts and it was really touching also.
    Brandon was so sweet and omg! so little in it compared to how he is now.
    He was so sweet I love it and glad to have it in my collection.
  • Garyiscool
    • 69 posts
    April 15, 2012 11:58 AM EDT

Haven't seen it but I checled IMDB last night and it has a low rating only 3.8 thats not good.

carrie013 said:
    Wow! I can't believe I am first to comment I saw "Smitty" last night I was so excited and yea it is really a sweet movie, I liked it. It was funny in parts and it was really touching also. Brandon was so sweet and omg! so little in it compared to how he is now. He was so sweet I love it and glad to have it in my collection.

• ShortStop
    • 43 posts
    April 15, 2012 1:39 PM EDT

It is 4.4 now but only 36 votes and that dont mean anything could be just haters, maybe they hate dogs. lol

Gary ISCOOL said:

Haven't seen it but I checled IMDB last night and it has a low rating only 3.8 thats not good.

carrie013 said:
    Wow! I can't believe I am first to comment I saw "Smitty" last night I was so excited and yea it is really a sweet movie, I liked it. It was funny in parts and it was really touching also. Brandon was so sweet and omg! so little in it compared to how he is now. He was so sweet I love it and glad to have it in my collection.

• JoeCool
    • 18 posts
    April 15, 2012 9:55 PM EDT
    Oh dont worry about the ratings on IMDB, I hope to get it soon.
  • O\u043f\u0456\u043a\u0443\u043d
    • 71 posts
    April 16, 2012 10:23 AM EDT

Hi Carrie I am glad you liked it, I am sure I will when I get to see to also.

carrie013 said:

This post was edited by Oпікун at April 16, 2012 10:24 AM EDT
  • Lone
    • 15 posts
    April 16, 2012 4:56 PM EDT

I thought it was cool, IMDB is full of haters on the forums and votings.

Gary ISCOOL said:

carrie013 said:

• Julie_Star
    • 5 posts
    April 16, 2012 8:12 PM EDT

K, it don't matter if IMDB has it at 10 or 4 that is just peoples opinion always see a movie for yourself.

Gary ISCOOL said:

carrie013 said:

This post was edited by Julie_Star at April 16, 2012 8:12 PM EDT
  • ShortStop
    • 43 posts
    April 17, 2012 5:06 PM EDT
    I watched Smitty and let me tell you I think it was pretty cool, I liked it, who cares what IMDB vote is.
    Way to go Brandon.
  • Skater_TJ
    • 90 posts
    April 19, 2012 12:05 AM EDT
    I liked it and I am a fan of big loud action movies, it was a nice story we all liked it my Mom said it reminds her of the good family movies Disney made before.
  • O\u043f\u0456\u043a\u0443\u043d
    • 71 posts
    April 19, 2012 12:36 PM EDT
    Oh I can't wait, I am getting anxious.
  • Summer
    • 13 posts
    April 20, 2012 9:23 PM EDT
    Oh forget IMDB it is an awesome movie for the whole family.
    I love it see my review in the group.
  • Star_Girly
    • 5 posts
    April 21, 2012 7:48 PM EDT
    All I have to say is that I loved it, nice work by Brandon and the cast and Smitty.
  • JoeCool
    • 18 posts
    April 21, 2012 8:53 PM EDT
    It was a cool movie, I liked it.
  • Susie Q
    • 1 posts
    April 22, 2012 2:04 PM EDT
    I loved it, and yes you will say well you are a big Brandon fan and that is true but it is a sweet movie..see what I wrote in the group discussion.
  • Shakira S
    • 7 posts
    April 22, 2012 7:28 PM EDT
    I love Smitty, I love Brandon Tyler Russell.
    The movie was awesome I enjoyed watching it and so did my lil bro and sister and my mom.