Forums » Movies

Fall Movie Flops

• Jeff_Wincott
    • 93 posts
    October 29, 2017 11:01 PM EDT

The flops just keep on coming, these three films I was so eager for the release and to see and they have flopped miserably at the box office.

The Dark Tower failed miserably and then Suburbicon and Blade Runner 20149, as a huge fan of the original Blade Runner I was never in favor of this remake.

These three films are not the worst films ever made and in fact all three are very well made but despite this they flopped out, Blade Runner 2049 in not that bad a film standing on its own but in comparison to the original it pales.

Suburbicon just completely flopped movie goers have tuned this one out for sure, well that is how it goes you have high hopes and they flop.

On the plus side “It” is just a treat.

• Film_Fan
    • 53 posts
    October 30, 2017 12:07 AM EDT

I feel the same about the three you mentioned, I think Suburbicon and The Dark Tower were horrible, Blade Runner 2049 did get some good reviews by critics but the dollars are not adding up.

• Lukas
    • 33 posts
    October 30, 2017 12:29 PM EDT

I was not interested in Suburbicon or Blade Runner 2049 but The Dark Tower was a let down, could have waited for it to hit Netflix what a waste.

• Jeffrey007
    • 43 posts
    November 3, 2017 1:21 PM EDT

That is true but when looking at flops overall for 2017 right up there is “The Promise” this baby had a production cost of 100M and earned a whopping 10M in return. OUCH!

Then you have these other complete flops, “Collide”. A Cure Foe Wellness, “King Arthur” and let’s not forget Valerian.

• $NavyBoy$
    • 49 posts
    November 4, 2017 10:43 PM EDT
    A good list of flops for sure I saw them all and while al were not the worst movie ever made they sure made peanuts. Collide was a nice action movie byt the plot and the script were lacking.
    Jeffrey007 said:

That is true but when looking at flops overall for 2017 right up there is “The Promise” this baby had a production cost of 100M and earned a whopping 10M in return. OUCH!

Then you have these other complete flops, “Collide”. A Cure Foe Wellness, “King Arthur” and let’s not forget Valerian.