Forums » TV Shows

The Rifleman

• Film_Fan
    • 53 posts
    June 16, 2012 1:44 AM EDT

The Rifleman was a TV western from the era when the adult western dominated TV screens, it first ran from 1958 to 1963 and starred Chuck Connors as Lucas McCain a rancher raising his young son Mark played by Johnny Crawford. Other series regular was Paul Fix who played the sheriff 'Micah Torrance of North Fork, new Mexico.

I love westerns and I just discovered this a while back and I am catching every episode that I can, this is an extremely well made show with a lot of great family moments with some jarring violence simply because this is the Wild West.

McCain wields a customized Winchester rifle and the way he uses it is what absolutely glued me to the show, the opening title sequence I can't get enough of.

I highly recommend this if you like westerns and even if not for the great stories.

• JeffJones
    • 84 posts
    June 16, 2012 1:15 PM EDT
    Yes a good old western for sure, I am a fan.
  • Skater_TJ
    • 90 posts
    June 16, 2012 11:57 PM EDT
    Hey my grand pa loves The Rifleman he has dvds and watch them all the time.
  • Front_Row_Center
    • 68 posts
    June 17, 2012 12:04 PM EDT
    Good western, and it did combine good family values of a single rancher caring for his son, but as it was the lawless wild west there had to be jarring violence when that winchester started to speak. lol
  • Film_Fan
    • 53 posts
    July 6, 2012 11:59 PM EDT

Agreed, it was one of the best adult westerns if you ask me, I am as I mentioned a huge fan of the old TV westerns and buy all the series I can on DVD and this is one of my favs.

Front_Row_Center said:
    Good western, and it did combine good family values of a single rancher caring for his son, but as it was the lawless wild west there had to be jarring violence when that winchester started to speak. lol

This post was edited by Film_Fan at July 7, 2012 12:00 AM EDT
  • Jeffrey007
    • 43 posts
    July 8, 2012 1:43 PM EDT
    Lucas Mccain is a frontier hereo lads, The Rifleman is one of the best 30 min westerns eevr made, great episodes.
  • ShortStop
    • 43 posts
    October 31, 2015 10:46 PM EDT

I love this show, started watching it on TV, that farmer and his boy and that gun, awesome he totally rocks.