Forums » TV Shows

Sick of reality TV

• Jeff_Wincott
    • 93 posts
    January 3, 2013 10:18 PM EST

I am so damn sick of these reality TV shows I am about to throw my TV out the window.

Where is real entertainment? Are the people that are supposed to develop these shows so gosh darn brain dead that we can have nothing but people betting on old storage lockers, people restoring stuff, people pawning stuff good lord.

Are you not sick of border Gestapos chasing poor Mexican people through the desert? Are you not sick of people crab fishing? Sick of watching the homeland Gestapos in airports, and we all know these goons man-up just because there is a camera there.

Enough already and freaking National Geographic stick to wild life and science and discovery and get to hell off these law enforcement reality crap, enough.

• Front_Row_Center
    • 68 posts
    January 3, 2013 10:22 PM EST

LOL, dude I agree and even with the production shows there have to be a zillion CSI versions a zillion LAW & Order I mean enough of these freaking Law & Order and CSI crap also they just rehash the same olse story lines year after year.

There has been no good TV since the 70's ended my dad said.

• OmahaTrevor
    • 109 posts
    January 4, 2013 1:12 PM EST

I know. I remember when A&E stood for Arts and Entertainment and TLC stood for The Learning Channel. What Happened?

Now seeing that TLC puts on shows like Toodlers And Tiaras and now Here Comes Honey Boo Boo, does TLC now stand for Totally Lacking Class?

• JeffJones
    • 84 posts
    January 4, 2013 3:53 PM EST
    Excellent example as I recall when A&E lived up to itts name but then they discoverd Dog the Bounty Hunter and it was downhill from there and then we have Hoarders and their filthy existences and so forth.

OmahaTrevor said:

I know. I remember when A&E stood for Arts and Entertainment and TLC stood for The Learning Channel. What Happened?

Now seeing that TLC puts on shows like Toodlers And Tiaras and now Here Comes Honey Boo Boo, does TLC now stand for Totally Lacking Class?

• ShortStop
    • 43 posts
    January 5, 2013 7:20 PM EST

Some are cool but crap like bidding on and dramatically opening storage lockers what a load.

• BizKid
    • 16 posts
    January 6, 2013 11:16 AM EST

Some reality shows are kind of interesting but then you wonder how real they really are, put a camera in front of someone and trust me they will not act like they do normally.

The guy from Storage Wars I think it is came out and said it was fake they plant things in lockers I can see that, load of crap most of them get off your butts and develope real TV shows.

• Jeff_Wincott
    • 93 posts
    January 6, 2013 10:20 PM EST

Reality TV is the end of TV as we know it on any given night do some surfing..A&E...reality show, TLC....reality show, DISCOVERY--- reality show...NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC...Reality show, you get the picture.

This post was edited by Admin at February 1, 2013 12:14 AM EST
  • Klattuu
    • 152 posts
    January 7, 2013 5:50 PM EST

Yes we all know scripted TV is dead for this reality crap but I suspect there is some scripting in this rubbish.

• Jeff_Wincott
    • 93 posts
    January 19, 2014 12:26 PM EST

Well good programs can show up on TV but reality shows are the death of TV. Tel me what is Geographic about show about State Troopers, Border Guards and yes even drug dealers in the case of Drugs Inc.? Yet they are a staple of the National Geographic Channel. What is art about shows about Hoarders, people buying things out of lockers that some poor soul did not have the money to get their property back and shows about white trash hunting down bail jumpers? You tell me I wish A&E would go back to being A&E.

• Front_Row_Center
    • 68 posts
    January 21, 2014 1:07 AM EST

Just an absolutely lovely rant if I must say so, reality TV is what you get when the industry has run out of ideas and creativity. As much as I hare rehashing of old shows I would prefer that over the endless reality rubbish polluting the airwaves. I have absolutely no interest in border guards in Canada or State Troopers in Alaska, I don’t give a damn about how drug dealers run their biz and I think it is a damn crime that this is filmed as reality TV. Yes people BREAKING THE LAW.

Nat Geo shows so much reality junk they had to open another CH Nat Geo Wild that shows what Nat Geo is supposed to show to begin with.

A&E stopped being arts and entertainment when they decided a scum bag bounty hunter was entertainment and when slobs living in houses filled with garbage was also artsy and entertaining.

• Sweet_Chick
    • 7 posts
    February 2, 2014 9:05 PM EST

LOLz, I dont like them either and TV is so full of them, my mom on the other hand she cant get enough.

LOLZ for real Nationa Geographic like im sure those shows are on topic. lolz.

• Tristan
    • 36 posts
    July 4, 2014 11:02 PM EDT

I hate reality TV also but if I had to pick I prefer them over the endless Police shows the 50 versions of CSI the 100 versions of Law & Order all the same and doing the same material over and over. Enough of TV police procedure shows.