Forums » General Teen Stars

Congratulations To Quvenzhane

• OmahaTrevor
    • 109 posts
    January 10, 2013 4:01 PM EST

Quvenzhane Wallis made history in two ways with her Best Actress nomination for Beasts Of The Southern Wild. No, it doesn't make her the youngest ever as that still belongs to 8 year-old Justin Henry for Kramer vs. Kramer. Here are her achievements:

-at age 9, she's the youngest Best Actress nominee ever.

-she's also the first person born in the 21st Century to be nomined for an Oscar.

Great job Wallis.

• Klattuu
    • 152 posts
    January 10, 2013 11:32 PM EST

A fantastic achievenment and much deserved she was breathtaking.

• Film_Fan
    • 53 posts
    January 12, 2013 1:49 AM EST

Amazing and deserving.

• Chris Kross
    • 37 posts
    January 14, 2013 2:19 PM EST

She was a knockout, so hard to believe for a young girl that never did any sort of acting before, I wonder if she can continue or was it a one off, kind of like the kid from that oldie Kramer vs Kramer.

This post was edited by Chris Kross at January 14, 2013 2:43 PM EST
  • OmahaTrevor
    • 109 posts
    January 19, 2013 8:54 PM EST
    Chris Kross said:

She was a knockout, so hard to believe for a young girl that never did any sort of acting before, I wonder if she can continue or was it a one off, kind of like the kid from that oldie Kramer vs Kramer.

Ah cool. So you Brits aren't too peeved that she's often beat out Tom Holland for the young actor performances this year, eh?

• OG John
    • 86 posts
    January 22, 2013 3:29 PM EST

Well  I did not see that movie yet but I did see "The Impossible" and young Holland carried that movie so she better be damn good because Holland IMHO was robbed blind.

• OmahaTrevor
    • 109 posts
    January 22, 2013 3:58 PM EST
    OG John said:

Well  I did not see that movie yet but I did see "The Impossible" and young Holland carried that movie so she better be damn good because Holland IMHO was robbed blind.

What can I say? I've been paying to the Oscar races and the movie awards season since 2000 and things still leave me confused. I too don't understand why Tom's accolades were strictly limited to the Young Actor awards while Naomi got the Best Actress Oscar nod. Great performances being second-fiddle to another performance is very common. I still remember how Leo got all the awards accolades for What's Eating Gilbert Grape while the performance of Darlene Cates was just as excellent but very overlooked.

• Pink Floyd
    • 4 posts
    March 31, 2013 6:07 PM EDT

Amazing acting for such a young kid, was it a one off or can she do it again?

• Rachel
    • 83 posts
    April 20, 2013 9:38 PM EDT

I cant wait to see her in her next movie.

• OmahaTrevor
    • 109 posts
    April 23, 2013 8:33 PM EDT

She's slated to be in a new version of Annie. The role first went to Willow Smith but she dropped out. Now it's Quvenzhane's.

• RonnyG
    • 29 posts
    April 26, 2013 10:47 PM EDT
    OH what a surprised it was GIVEN to Willow Smith that is the thing with these Smith kids everything is GIVEN to them.

OmahaTrevor said:

She's slated to be in a new version of Annie. The role first went to Willow Smith but she dropped out. Now it's Quvenzhane's.