Forums » Movies

My Oscar Season Update

• OmahaTrevor
    • 109 posts
    December 8, 2013 6:26 PM EST

As many of you have seen over the years, I have kept you all informed of the Oscar race, Oscar-contending movies and of Oscar predictions. One thing I have decided is that there will be a few changes this year than what I've did from last year.

For one thing, I won't be as hepped up and keeping constant track of all the awards shows. This is for two things. First is that I'm now 28 and as you age, your priorities change. That kind of explains why I post or comment here roughly once every two weeks. Don't get me wrong. I still like it here. I also still like posting talk about my favorite young actors past and current. It's just that I don't has as much about young actors to talk about as I used to. Second is that I have computer on Kaspersky. And my Kaspersky labels AwardsDaily, my traditional Oscar-tracking site, an 'infected' site. That does kind of limit how much I can keep track of the various awards winners and the top Oscar contenders this year. A bit of a disappointment, but like I said I'm getting older and I figure that now's a good time to take it easy on Oscar watching from now on.

Anyways here's the good news. Before you all think all is lost with me, it's not. I won't be keeping too much track of the Oscar race this year but I will be keeping good track of it. I will still check Wikipedia for nominees and winners of top awards. I will still participate in Oscar nominee and winner prediction contests. It's just I'm not as hepped up as I used to. I figure if AwardsDaily's prediction contests don't have prizes and the wins are simply for bragging rights, it's not worth it to sweat it out. It's worth it to have an interest but not worth it to sweat it out. Same with seeing the Best Picture nominees. It's not worth sweating it out to see them all before awards day. Worth seeing them all this year but not worth it to weat it out seeing them before awards day. I still plan on making this my thirteenth year in a row seeing them all but if I don't before awrads day, I'm not worried.

Also one thing that won't change is how I go about the race as far as this site is concerned. I will still post polls for you all for the GGs, SAGs and Oscars and even the young actor award for the Critics Choice. I will also keep you in the know of my predictions. However I think nomination predictions I'll put a limit of ten or twelve categories. Winner predictions will of course be the full twenty-four.

Anyways thanks for your support over the years and thank you for your understanding for this year. I'm unsure whether myf irst poll will be a GG poll or the Critics Choice poll. Whatever it is, you'll definitely get it. Stay tuned for more!

This post was edited by OmahaTrevor at December 8, 2013 6:28 PM EST
  • Innocence
    • 3 posts
    December 8, 2013 8:51 PM EST

Yes in the years I have been on I always look for them..wow you have been on here maybe from the very start of the site. I think that is awesome how many more here have been around for a long time?

• 1D_Gurl
    • 6 posts
    December 19, 2013 9:23 PM EST

Yes they are some long time members of this little site, and OmahaTrevors movie topics are the best.

• T.O Girl
    • 9 posts
    December 23, 2013 2:17 PM EST

Ok cool it has always I heard been a hi-light here.

• Front_Row_Center
    • 68 posts
    December 24, 2013 12:58 AM EST

Through the years since I have been ehre your Oscars has been a darn good read, you do certainly know your films. I think you should be blogging, open a blog you will have a good folowing after a bit. You can also do some blogging here, maybe if you do a topic do it on the blogs.

• Jeff_Wincott
    • 93 posts
    December 29, 2013 11:21 AM EST

Do keep at it, but what I would like to see if your list of 2013 worst. A list that for me has to include the likes of "The Big Wedding," "Getaway," and "Pranoia" etc.

• JeffJones
    • 84 posts
    January 9, 2014 12:49 AM EST

@OmahaTevor, one of the highlights in our long time here was me looking out for that, hope it has not ended as yet.

• OmahaTrevor
    • 109 posts
    January 11, 2014 12:53 PM EST

@JeffJones Not to worry. I haven't quit on you folks. I'm posting my GG preds today. And my Oscar nomination preds soon this week.

• JeffJones
    • 84 posts
    January 13, 2014 9:01 PM EST
    That is good to hear we are part of the furniture along the wat we lost Eoin, JP, Gaara and that Frankie Muniz lover as well as Star Girly. lol
    OmahaTrevor said:

@JeffJones Not to worry. I haven't quit on you folks. I'm posting my GG preds today. And my Oscar nomination preds soon this week.