Forums » Movies

Top 10 Good Movies By Bad Directors

• OmahaTrevor85
    • 121 posts
    April 10, 2015 9:32 PM EDT

Should we really be surprised by what's #1?

• Nasru
    • 21 posts
    April 11, 2015 12:59 PM EDT

Cool but I dont know a good director from a bad one yet, but good info.

• Rachel
    • 83 posts
    April 12, 2015 9:41 PM EDT

I dont know either Nasru, leave it to the movie pros like Trevor, jeff Jones, Film Fan, Jefrey007 etc.

• JeffJones
    • 84 posts
    June 8, 2015 1:47 AM EDT

Trevor I am not shocked at all before every seeing or hearing of this list I predicted it would be the brilliant “The Sixth Sense” (I feel like another viewing)  Michael Bay is always mentioned because people look at his films as formulistic. The transformers and other aside The Rock is one hell of a popcorn movie. Now back to our man M Knight after the brilliant Sixth I could not wait for his next, then I keep saying ok the next, the next. Well?

• Film_Fan
    • 53 posts
    June 9, 2015 1:36 AM EDT
    No kidding, The Sixth Sense has to be the best movie ever directed by a mediocre director, and his work after proved his mediocrity.
    JeffJones said:

Trevor I am not shocked at all before every seeing or hearing of this list I predicted it would be the brilliant “The Sixth Sense” (I feel like another viewing)  Michael Bay is always mentioned because people look at his films as formulistic. The transformers and other aside The Rock is one hell of a popcorn movie. Now back to our man M Knight after the brilliant Sixth I could not wait for his next, then I keep saying ok the next, the next. Well?

• Klattuu
    • 152 posts
    June 16, 2015 12:17 AM EDT

All this talk of The Sixth Sense and M Knight has giveme an apptite for a viewing of the movie. And even though it is after midnight I am going to dial it up on Netflix in a few.

• OmahaTrevor85
    • 121 posts
    June 21, 2015 4:58 PM EDT

Ah, what can i say? I knew it would get the biggest buzz from the 'traditional' film fans of the site. For you young ones who never saw The Sixth Sense, go see it. I highly recommend it.

• June 21, 2015 5:05 PM EDT
    OmahaTrevor85 said:

Ah, what can i say? I knew it would get the biggest buzz from the 'traditional' film fans of the site. For you young ones who never saw The Sixth Sense, go see it. I highly recommend it.

Yes,this is a very surprising movie indeed.
    Good acting.

• Josh_J
    • 9 posts
    June 21, 2015 5:39 PM EDT
    I wanted to see that not long ago and someone told me it is too scary.
  • Rachel
    • 83 posts
    June 21, 2015 11:14 PM EDT
    I saw it, I was very scared at some parts I was like 12 when I saw it on DVD the end is such a shocker, I would never say the end here because if you have not seen it then wow!.

OmahaTrevor85 said:

Yes,this is a very surprising movie indeed.
    Good acting.

• RichardD
    • 7 posts
    July 7, 2015 12:03 AM EDT

I have never seen The Sixth Sense but my parents say it is so scary and good.

• Jeffrey007
    • 43 posts
    July 11, 2015 12:30 AM EDT

I think the problem with M. Night Shyamalan is that he was so darn good early in his career with “The Sixth Sense” that all after are unable to stand up to the brilliance of that film and we right away knock them down.

When you actually look at his follow-up to Sixth which was “Unbreakable” is not a bad film at all and his Gibson flick “Signs” I did not mind at all. “The Village” while panned is still not a terrible movie at all. The Last Airbender was just plain awful I agree and we will see how “The Visit” turns out with young Ed Oxenbould.

• OmahaTrevor85
    • 121 posts
    July 11, 2015 2:53 PM EDT
    Jeffrey007 said:

I think the problem with M. Night Shyamalan is that he was so darn good early in his career with “The Sixth Sense” that all after are unable to stand up to the brilliance of that film and we right away knock them down.

When you actually look at his follow-up to Sixth which was “Unbreakable” is not a bad film at all and his Gibson flick “Signs” I did not mind at all. “The Village” while panned is still not a terrible movie at all. The Last Airbender was just plain awful I agree and we will see how “The Visit” turns out with young Ed Oxenbould.

Good point. Even after all that 'Razzie glory,' directors like him still have to try and define themselves.

• Jeff_Wincott
    • 93 posts
    July 11, 2015 11:09 PM EDT

Disagree he has been mediocre at best after the brilliant "The Sixth Sense" the script he wrote and the direction was flawless. Unbreakable was passable but a disappointment. Lady in the Water and the abysmal The Last Airbender is more a reflection of him than Sixth. I see lately he is producing a lot and maybe that is where he belongs.

Jeffrey007 said:

• Klattuu
    • 152 posts
    July 13, 2015 5:24 PM EDT
    I still give him some propes because The Sixth Sense was so good.
    Jeff_Wincott said:

Disagree he has been mediocre at best after the brilliant "The Sixth Sense" the script he wrote and the direction was flawless. Unbreakable was passable but a disappointment. Lady in the Water and the abysmal The Last Airbender is more a reflection of him than Sixth. I see lately he is producing a lot and maybe that is where he belongs.

Jeffrey007 said: