Forums » Movies

Another WatchMojo List- Top 10 Movie Performances By Kids

• OmahaTrevor85
    • 121 posts
    July 26, 2015 7:25 PM EDT

I don't know but I debate their results. Tatum O'Neal #1? She was good but I've seen better.

• Keesha
    • 21 posts
    July 27, 2015 12:58 PM EDT

Funny how I have not seen so many of these. lol

• JeffJones
    • 84 posts
    July 27, 2015 5:48 PM EDT

An absolute outrage, has the author seen many child start performances I say not. I agree with the outstanding performances from Empire of the Sun and The Sixth Sense but they are rated far too low.
    I am thinking this list was compiled based on popularity rather than straight out acting chops in the films.
    Have those people at Mojo seen Elijah Wood at work in the 90’s in films such as “Paradise,” “Radio Flyer,” “Forever Young” or even “The Good Son,” Macaulay is a bad choice there was no great acting needed to be Kevin.
    Have they seen Miko Hughes in Mercury Rising? Did they ever see Max Pomeranc in Searching for Bobby Fischer or Jenna Boyd in The Missing?
    Natalie Portman was another good choice by them but in large they simply went on the popularity of the film.

I would rather see a top 10 list in this category from OmahaTrevor.

• ShortStop
    • 43 posts
    July 27, 2015 10:31 PM EDT

The Sixth Sense kid should be higher, maybe even in first.

• OmahaTrevor85
    • 121 posts
    August 4, 2015 10:09 PM EDT
    If I were to do a list like that, I would have to run the whole roster of film from many decades back. I agree WatchMojo's lists are not always the most thought out. Some are good but this one not really.
    JeffJones said:

An absolute outrage, has the author seen many child start performances I say not. I agree with the outstanding performances from Empire of the Sun and The Sixth Sense but they are rated far too low.
    I am thinking this list was compiled based on popularity rather than straight out acting chops in the films.
    Have those people at Mojo seen Elijah Wood at work in the 90’s in films such as “Paradise,” “Radio Flyer,” “Forever Young” or even “The Good Son,” Macaulay is a bad choice there was no great acting needed to be Kevin.
    Have they seen Miko Hughes in Mercury Rising? Did they ever see Max Pomeranc in Searching for Bobby Fischer or Jenna Boyd in The Missing?
    Natalie Portman was another good choice by them but in large they simply went on the popularity of the film.

I would rather see a top 10 list in this category from OmahaTrevor.

• Jeffrey007
    • 43 posts
    August 4, 2015 10:49 PM EDT

Not a very good list at all, seems like not much thought went into it.