Forums » General Teen Stars

Great Teen Star performances, salutes Mark Rendall

• Jeff_Wincott
    • 93 posts
    November 16, 2015 1:22 AM EST

Why are you doing this to me….was tearfully asked by 14 year old Michael Crowe portrayed brilliantly by Toronto born teen actor Mark Rendall in the bleak true like TV drama The Interrogation of Michael Crowe.

The film covers the real life crime where 12-year-old Stephanie Crowe is brutally murdered at her home in Escondido, California; the police foolishly jump to conclusions that her 14-year-old brother Michael must be responsible.

They separate the family and over two days with no parent or lawyer present brow beat and lied to the child forcing a confession out of him. The film is scary as it show the power of the police and what injustice that can be dished out from their hands.

The best reason to see this film is for the brilliant performance by then 14 year old teen actor Mark Rendall. As it is we recommend this film to show case another brilliant Teen Star performance.

Go see if you can The Interrogation of Michael Crowe.

This post was edited by Jeff_Wincott at January 31, 2016 10:44 PM EST
  • OG John
    • 86 posts
    November 16, 2015 5:05 PM EST

Wow and a true story, I would like to see it.

• FelixN
    • 3 posts
    November 16, 2015 9:59 PM EST

I have not sen this movie and I would like to but I have seen Mark rendall in "Childstar" and when he was older in the coolest Vampire movie ever "30 Days of Night" that movie rocks.

• Front_Row_Center
    • 68 posts
    November 21, 2015 12:48 AM EST

Ah yes, The Interrogation of Michael Crowe one night a few years back and late at night I came across this on Court TV.
    I had never heard of the case and was shocked to discover it was a true incident, I was just furious even watching it how grown detectives brow beat and bullied a boy. Sadly that is how a lot of the police operate not just here but worldwide.
    I digress, back to the movie the performance of the kid was very good, I knew nothing of him at that time but he was very believable and that is important in acting.
    It is a movie I recommend also.

• OmahaTrevor85
    • 121 posts
    November 25, 2015 8:58 PM EST

I remember him. He's still actively acting in Canada.

• Film_Fan
    • 53 posts
    November 25, 2015 10:56 PM EST
    I actually do remeber him but forgot about him the last few years. I remember when he was listed on the site back in his child/teen stars days I remeber the film. A very good TV movie based on a true incident and he did give a good performance.
    The last I remeber seeing him was in the Vampire flick "30 Days of Night" a few years ago he was maybe 19 or 20 then I would guess.
    OmahaTrevor85 said:

I remember him. He's still actively acting in Canada.

• Thran05
    • 14 posts
    November 29, 2015 12:26 AM EST

Dont know him or the movie this must be real old.

• Klattuu
    • 152 posts
    January 31, 2016 10:45 PM EST

Eye opening true story and the young Mark Rendall did give a very believable performance. Have not seen that movie in a few years.

• FilmGuy
    • 13 posts
    May 6, 2020 12:30 PM EDT

Oh yes, I remember that movie and that child/teen actor well he was outstanding in that movie, I had no idea he was still acting I lost track of his work through the years.