Forums » Celebs

Top 10 Reasons Why Child Stars Go Crazy

• OmahaTrevor85
    • 121 posts
    December 7, 2015 11:27 PM EST

The last WatchMojo list I posted here was the sourse of a lot of disagreement. And rightly so. This WatchMojo list I think you'd agree with more.

• OG John
    • 86 posts
    December 8, 2015 4:47 PM EST

OMG that was how Macaulay Culkin looked? he looks like a wino. and Jaden Smith has zero talent he get where he is by his dad plain and simple.

• Summer
    • 13 posts
    December 8, 2015 5:43 PM EST

Yes indeed is that really how Macaulay that cute little boy now loks? does he use crystal meth or soemthing he looks horrible.

I will give one reason the stay grounded, GOOD PARENTS.

• Rachel
    • 83 posts
    December 8, 2015 10:38 PM EST

Number 9 is my pick bad influences/Entourage.

Thanks God there are also many that turn out just fine.

This post was edited by Rachel at December 8, 2015 10:38 PM EST
  • Rhea
    • 4 posts
    December 10, 2015 3:38 PM EST

It is changing it seems, Child stars lately like in 2000 seem to be not like years back.

I cant think of any child stars of early 2000's late 90's that are wrecks but I might be wrong.

This post was edited by Rhea at December 10, 2015 3:40 PM EST
  • Klattuu
    • 152 posts
    December 10, 2015 5:48 PM EST

Nice to see you still drop by with some good content Trevor, I like this one better it has some good points.

That said the only diff bwteen a child star turn teen/adult might be they have more money to spend was exposed to party scene the hanger on's etc.

I do agree with one comment here it seems to be getting less we do not hear as much about last crop of child/teen stars.

• Altair
    • 9 posts
    December 13, 2015 1:12 AM EST

Don't let those who went off the rails put a bad light on the many that were just fine.

• OmahaTrevor85
    • 121 posts
    December 14, 2015 10:14 PM EST
    Klattuu said:

Nice to see you still drop by with some good content Trevor, I like this one better it has some good points.

That said the only diff bwteen a child star turn teen/adult might be they have more money to spend was exposed to party scene the hanger on's etc.

I do agree with one comment here it seems to be getting less we do not hear as much about last crop of child/teen stars.

I agree. I notice most of the young stars that go whacko are mostly the young music stars. There are a lot of young actors that turn out fine. Haley may have had a DUI almost 10 years ago-- was it that long ago?-- but nothing since. Daniel Radcliffe had an alcohol issue at 20 but he didn't make a spectacle of himself the way Britney did. I think the best thing a child actor can do is avaoid Disey at all costs and they'll turn out fine!

• Jeffrey007
    • 43 posts
    December 15, 2015 12:24 AM EST
    OmahaTrevor85 said:
    ... I think the best thing a child actor can do is avaoid Disey at all costs and they'll turn out fine!
    LOL so true, I agree with a lot in the video but I also agree with the comment the later crew of young stars are more stable. It all boils down to parenting.

• Front_Row_Center
    • 68 posts
    December 26, 2015 8:34 PM EST

Yes much more truth to this video than last posted.

Seeing Culkin did anyone see his profanity laced piece of a traumatized grown up Kevin? too mush cussing they would reject here search YT.

• JeffJones
    • 84 posts
    December 27, 2015 2:01 AM EST

I agree with much of what was said in the video, good post Trevor.

• OmahaTrevor85
    • 121 posts
    January 2, 2016 6:34 PM EST
    JeffJones said:

I agree with much of what was said in the video, good post Trevor.

Cool. I will admit with most here that the current crop of child actors are better at handling the pressures but 2015 did give us some bad news moments. There was Justin Bieber again making a buffoon of himself. He'll be a has-been by the time he hits 25. There was the suicide of Sawyer Sweeten and there was Billy Unger suing his father. Sure the problems aren't as big or as common as they were 25 years ago but they still happen. Besides the scandals former Disney stars encounter reinforce my belief that the bigger they are, the harder they fall.