Forums » General Teen Stars

2017 Young Artist Awards

• OmahaTrevor85
    • 121 posts
    February 2, 2017 8:26 PM EST

The nominees for the Young Artist Awards have been announced. The list is here: http://www.youngartistawards.org/nominees

Some of you may be happy to see the nominations here. Some of you may be tempted to shout out 'snub' in other areas. I know I'm tempted to shout out the snub of Art Parkinson for the Animated Voice category. Remember the Awards gradually list nominees and categories over time. I noticed there were no International categories added yet so hang tight.

• Island_Star
    • 28 posts
    February 2, 2017 8:55 PM EST

Go Jared Breeze and Toby Nichols.

• Keesha
    • 21 posts
    February 4, 2017 1:00 PM EST

Such a poorly run award ceremony, the young actors deserve better.....no fan-fare no TV no big announcements..a big joke but still I am sure the kids appreciate it so yes.

• Klattuu
    • 152 posts
    February 18, 2017 2:04 PM EST

It is important for these young actors who deserve the recognition, sure it could use some sprucing up but it serves a good purpose.

• JeffJones
    • 84 posts
    March 3, 2017 5:46 PM EST
    I find it hard to be too critical of it, the young performers look forward to it and deserve the recognition. It could ad a little more fan-fare and the press could pay more attention but I like it for the young celebs.
    This year the list of as we say Teen Stars Online listed stars is quite small just this
    Leading Young Actor, 11–13, in a Feature Film: Steele Stebbins in Vacation

Leading Young Actor, 10 and under, in a Feature Film: Jared Breeze in The Boy

Guest Starring Young Actor, 14–21, in a TV Series: Christian Hutcherson in Survivor’s Remorse

If I miss any post it I kind of skimmed a croos the nominations, I would think Jared Breeze is a lock.

Keesha said:

Such a poorly run award ceremony, the young actors deserve better.....no fan-fare no TV no big announcements..a big joke but still I am sure the kids appreciate it so yes.

• Jordan
    • 3 posts
    March 5, 2017 8:39 PM EST

Leading Young Actor, 10 and under, in a Feature Film: Jared Breeze in The Boy.

Jared Breeze should win this.

• OmahaTrevor85
    • 121 posts
    March 6, 2017 9:38 PM EST
    Are you looking at last year's list? Because Jared was nominated for The Young And The Restless. I didn't inspect the whole list but I believe TSO has a lot of nominee this year.
    I don't like how they don't have International nominations. Also I was hoping to see Art Parkinson nominated for Voice-Over.
    JeffJones said:
    I find it hard to be too critical of it, the young performers look forward to it and deserve the recognition. It could ad a little more fan-fare and the press could pay more attention but I like it for the young celebs.
    This year the list of as we say Teen Stars Online listed stars is quite small just this
    Leading Young Actor, 11–13, in a Feature Film: Steele Stebbins in Vacation

Leading Young Actor, 10 and under, in a Feature Film: Jared Breeze in The Boy

Guest Starring Young Actor, 14–21, in a TV Series: Christian Hutcherson in Survivor’s Remorse

If I miss any post it I kind of skimmed a croos the nominations, I would think Jared Breeze is a lock.

Keesha said:

This post was edited by OmahaTrevor85 at March 6, 2017 9:39 PM EST
  • OmahaTrevor85
    • 121 posts
    March 6, 2017 9:42 PM EST
    I think you're looking at last year's nominations because Jared DID win for The Boy. And in the process, beat out heavy favorite Jacob Tremblay!
    Jordan said:

Leading Young Actor, 10 and under, in a Feature Film: Jared Breeze in The Boy.

Jared Breeze should win this.

• Ben10
    • 5 posts
    March 6, 2017 10:03 PM EST

Ok this gave me something to do, I think here is the full list of all nominated that are listed on this site.

BEST PERFORMANCE IN A TV SERIES - Recurring Young Actor
    Jared Breeze -The Young and the Restless

Recurring Teen Actor
    Toby Nichols - Underground

BEST PERFORMANCE IN A SHORT FILM
    TEEN ACTOR - Toby Nichols Arrow of Light

Teen Actress - Tara-Nicole Azarian
    The Golden Plates

BEST PERFORMANCE IN A DIGITAL TV SERIES OR FILM

Young Actor - Noah Schnapp - Stranger Things

Teen Actor
    Gaten Matarazzo - Stranger Things
    Caleb McLaughlin - Stranger Things
    John Paul Ruttan - Against The Wild 2
    Finn Wolfhard - Stranger Things

Young Actress
    Millie Bobby Brown - Stranger Things

BEST PERFORMANCE IN A FEATURE FILM

Supporting Teen Actor - Thomas Barbusca - Middle School: The Worst Years of My Life

Leading Young Actor
    Oakes Fegley - Pete's Dragon
    Jacob Tremblay - Before I Wake

Leading Teen Actor
    Griffin Gluck - Middle School: The Worst Years of My Life
    Jaeden Lieberher - The Confirmation

• OG John
    • 86 posts
    March 7, 2017 1:18 PM EST

As I predicted for this Young Artist Awards all the Stranger Things kids are nominated, however only Millie Bobby Brown and Noah Schnapp are in categories they are not up against cast mates.

Gaten Matarazzo, Caleb McLaughlin, and Finn Wolfhard are all up against each other so only one can win, I say it will be Finn Wolfhard.

• OmahaTrevor85
    • 121 posts
    March 8, 2017 8:31 PM EST
    Wow, great stuff! I wasn't expecting this but thanks!
    Ben10 said:

Ok this gave me something to do, I think here is the full list of all nominated that are listed on this site.

BEST PERFORMANCE IN A TV SERIES - Recurring Young Actor
    Jared Breeze -The Young and the Restless

Recurring Teen Actor
    Toby Nichols - Underground

BEST PERFORMANCE IN A SHORT FILM
    TEEN ACTOR - Toby Nichols Arrow of Light

Teen Actress - Tara-Nicole Azarian
    The Golden Plates

BEST PERFORMANCE IN A DIGITAL TV SERIES OR FILM

Young Actor - Noah Schnapp - Stranger Things

Teen Actor
    Gaten Matarazzo - Stranger Things
    Caleb McLaughlin - Stranger Things
    John Paul Ruttan - Against The Wild 2
    Finn Wolfhard - Stranger Things

Young Actress
    Millie Bobby Brown - Stranger Things

BEST PERFORMANCE IN A FEATURE FILM

Supporting Teen Actor - Thomas Barbusca - Middle School: The Worst Years of My Life

Leading Young Actor
    Oakes Fegley - Pete's Dragon
    Jacob Tremblay - Before I Wake

Leading Teen Actor
    Griffin Gluck - Middle School: The Worst Years of My Life
    Jaeden Lieberher - The Confirmation

• OmahaTrevor85
    • 121 posts
    March 8, 2017 8:33 PM EST
    Interesting that with all the awards shows Stranger Things and the kids have been nominated for, they didn't get a single nomination for Nick's KCA's. Of all award shows! I'll never understand awards shows. I like the Oscars, SAGs and GGs and all, but I'm still left confused after all these years.
    OG John said:

As I predicted for this Young Artist Awards all the Stranger Things kids are nominated, however only Millie Bobby Brown and Noah Schnapp are in categories they are not up against cast mates.

Gaten Matarazzo, Caleb McLaughlin, and Finn Wolfhard are all up against each other so only one can win, I say it will be Finn Wolfhard.

• KidX
    • 5 posts
    March 8, 2017 8:34 PM EST

All the Stranger Things kids up for an award but Noah and Millie will win and then the others are against each other I say also Finn will win.

This post was edited by KidX at March 8, 2017 8:35 PM EST
  • KidX
    • 5 posts
    March 8, 2017 8:37 PM EST
    I am sure with award shows the best is not always the winner, look how many snubs at this years Oscars with no nominations.
    OmahaTrevor85 said:
    Interesting that with all the awards shows Stranger Things and the kids have been nominated for, they didn't get a single nomination for Nick's KCA's. Of all award shows! I'll never understand awards shows. I like the Oscars, SAGs and GGs and all, but I'm still left confused after all these years.
    OG John said: