Forums » Celebs

Celeb Posers

• OG John
    • 86 posts
    July 23, 2012 4:23 PM EDT

Why do people pose as famous people, actors, singers and the like, who are these posers are they dangerous or just sad lonely people looking for attention by cashing in on someone else’s fame.

I don’t know I just don’t like it at all I mean they fool hundreds of kids and possibly could damage the stars reputation by things they say and do, very ignorant and stupid these internet posers.

I bet most are teenagers with hardly any social lives, take the person posing as Cameron Boyce on INSTAGRAM, this person has hundreds of followers drooling over them calling them Cameron..all this despite on his official Twitter (@TheCameronBoyce) Cameron himself pleading people I am not on this sodding Instagram it is a fake, the kids still follow.

My question is why can’t Instagram just shut the account down.

Just my two cents, cheers.

• Klattuu
    • 152 posts
    July 23, 2012 4:32 PM EDT
    I would bet most of these are kids having some kicks, but you need to be cautious some could be dangerous people.
  • Chicky_Baby
    • 4 posts
    July 23, 2012 8:52 PM EDT
    Who knows who they are, yes somcould be other kids but also some ARE creeps and could be dangerous, say some kid thinks it's their fav star and the star say gimme your phone number sure they will give it.
  • OmahaTrevor
    • 109 posts
    July 23, 2012 9:13 PM EDT
    OG John said:

Why do people pose as famous people, actors, singers and the like, who are these posers are they dangerous or just sad lonely people looking for attention by cashing in on someone else’s fame.

I don’t know I just don’t like it at all I mean they fool hundreds of kids and possibly could damage the stars reputation by things they say and do, very ignorant and stupid these internet posers.

I bet most are teenagers with hardly any social lives, take the person posing as Cameron Boyce on INSTAGRAM, this person has hundreds of followers drooling over them calling them Cameron..all this despite on his official Twitter (@TheCameronBoyce) Cameron himself pleading people I am not on this sodding Instagram it is a fake, the kids still follow.

My question is why can’t Instagram just shut the account down.

Just my two cents, cheers.

I agree. I got my first poser experience when I registered on Haley's official website and I receieved an e-mail from what was to look like the real Haley. I sent two emails back and received responses. But when I asked a question in which only he would know the answer to, I never recieved a response. Poser!

I know that Twitter has verified official accounts of well-known people but there are still some unverified that you wonder if their true or not. I know @RobbieKay_ is true but I don't know if @thethomashorn is true or not.

• ILuvBTR
    • 4 posts
    July 23, 2012 9:17 PM EDT
    Someone posed as Brandon to me, I hope he is real here, I mean I am sure but you still wonder. lol
    Yes I like the verified accounts on Twitter.
  • Chicky_Baby
    • 4 posts
    July 23, 2012 9:20 PM EDT
    Oh this is the real Brandon you can bet the house on that.
    This site makes sure it is the person by some way.
    Hey where was this Brandon poser?
  • ILuvBTR
    • 4 posts
    July 23, 2012 9:23 PM EDT
    The poser was on Fanpop lol soon as they know you like someone a poser comes and pose as them.
  • Front_Row_Center
    • 68 posts
    July 24, 2012 11:03 AM EDT
    It is obvious why they do it, it gives them a feeling of importance and actually makes them feel like they are that artist.

Personally I think it is pathetic and they have some issues that should gbe dealt with.
  • Keesha
    • 21 posts
    July 25, 2012 9:29 PM EDT
    Yea I dont like posers also, Ihad a person making me thing he was Jaden Smith, wlel it could have been a girl doing it who knows or a creepo. Yes I heard that that Cameron Boyce Instagram is a fake but so many people still following it, they should shut it down even since Cameron and his dad both said that is is a fake.
  • BellaThorneFan
    • 3 posts
    July 25, 2012 10:24 PM EDT
    Well Cameron Boyce twitter is not verified so how do we know that was him saying the instagram is fake? lol just saying.
  • ShortStop
    • 43 posts
    July 25, 2012 10:42 PM EDT
    I know how to beat posers, stop hero worshiping celebs they are just people like you and me doing a job.
  • Klattuu
    • 152 posts
    July 28, 2012 5:35 PM EDT
    Well you can all rest assured that any actor here is checked out to be who they claim to be. Many posers in the years have come on here and just got booted out.
  • Island_Star
    • 28 posts
    July 29, 2012 7:48 PM EDT

Yea it is cool now how on Brandon, Michael, Nathaniel and Christian it has a sign verifed member.

Klattuu said:
    Well you can all rest assured that any actor here is checked out to be who they claim to be. Many posers in the years have come on here and just got booted out.

This post was edited by Island_Star at July 29, 2012 7:49 PM EDT
  • Rachel
    • 83 posts
    February 16, 2013 5:12 PM EST

Well they are no celebrity posers on this site all of them are verified to be who they claim to be.

• Skater_TJ
    • 90 posts
    April 15, 2013 9:51 PM EDT

Right now the teen star with most posers has to be Cameron Boyce, omg! all these both boys and girls and maybe even adults pretending to be that kid......what losers live your own life.

• TheShadow
    • 23 posts
    April 16, 2013 11:04 AM EDT
    Yes Cameron Boyce has many fakers out there and so does Justin Bieber.

Skater_TJ said:

Right now the teen star with most posers has to be Cameron Boyce, omg! all these both boys and girls and maybe even adults pretending to be that kid......what losers live your own life.

• Rachel
    • 83 posts
    April 16, 2013 8:40 PM EDT

I agree Cameron Boyce has a ton of posers, and all who follow the posers obviously do not follow the real Cameron Boyce.

The real Cameron Boyce only uses twitter, yet Sheep like fans follow posers on many FB, and other accounts...and all this despite Cameron always tweeting they are fakes he is only on Twitter.

I don't know who more to blame the loser posers or dumb people that follow them and treat them like the real thing.

• 2cool4school
    • 7 posts
    July 13, 2013 4:47 PM EDT

Who has the most POSERS right now? I say Cameron Boyce.

• Shawn
    • 41 posts
    October 17, 2013 1:49 PM EDT

What is this posers? and why does Cameron Boyce have many of them?

• Adrien
    • 20 posts
    October 17, 2013 3:57 PM EDT
    Those people pretend to be a star on the internet.

Shawn said:

What is this posers? and why does Cameron Boyce have many of them?

• Garyiscool
    • 69 posts
    November 1, 2013 9:13 PM EDT

What motivates a person to go online create an account and pose as a celebrity? some teen with low self esteem? a filthy person? a bored teen, a practical joker? I mean serious what kind of person??? a loser? well yes for sure but what if that person is a predator???? and talking to kids as he is Cameron Boyce, to me that can be very dangeous and bad for cameron that is why he gets it out over and over he is only on Twitter and stil thousands follow these fake accounts.

This post was edited by Admin at November 1, 2013 10:07 PM EDT
  • Chris Kross
    • 37 posts
    November 2, 2013 12:00 PM EDT
    If you ask me lad I think most of them are dangerous creeps, so I don't get when a celeb makes it plain those accounts are not mine why do kids still follow them as if they are? DUMB.

Garyiscool said:

What motivates a person to go online create an account and pose as a celebrity? some teen with low self esteem? a filthy person? a bored teen, a practical joker? I mean serious what kind of person??? a loser? well yes for sure but what if that person is a predator???? and talking to kids as he is Cameron Boyce, to me that can be very dangeous and bad for cameron that is why he gets it out over and over he is only on Twitter and stil thousands follow these fake accounts.

• OG John
    • 86 posts
    November 6, 2013 4:08 PM EST

Hey Chris you got that right or just kids with no life so they spend time online pretending to be a star.

• Riley
    • 34 posts
    November 9, 2013 3:42 PM EST

Once I thought a person online was Alyson Stoner, well they said they were then Alyson Stoner said herself on twitter that was not her..wow I felt like a fool. lol

• Klattuu
    • 152 posts
    February 15, 2014 12:21 AM EST
    People pose as celebs on just about everything, Twitter, FB, Instagram you name it but not here, they pose on fanpop, poptower, you name it but not here. Nobody is allowed to come here making claims and allowed to roam with out being checked. Look around you see anyone claiming to be a star and is not? Also the fighting and cussing you wont see here.
    Riley said:

Once I thought a person online was Alyson Stoner, well they said they were then Alyson Stoner said herself on twitter that was not her..wow I felt like a fool. lol