Forums » TSO General Stars

Watch out for Tom Holland

• Jon_Brit
    • 33 posts
    September 5, 2012 12:03 PM EDT

Watch out America here comes another talented teen stars from the UK, I just noticed Tom Holland is now on the site. Tom is a big hit over here in England mostly for playing Billy Elliot on stage in Billy Elliot: The Musical to rave reviews as they say.

There is also big chatter here over his coming movie The Impossible which is cetered arounf the 2004 Indian Ocean Tsunami. I have even read the studio is going to push him for the best actor Oscar category and bigger name actor Ewan McGregor for supporting so I guess this says Tom Holland carries the movie. 

He is also filming How I live Now according to all the reports I get over here and confirmed on IMDB.

So watch out for him.

The Impossible Trailer  

http://www.teenstarsonline.com/index.php/videos/1/266/the-impossible-trailer

This post was edited by Jon_Brit at September 5, 2012 12:04 PM EDT
  • Klattuu
    • 152 posts
    September 5, 2012 1:53 PM EDT

Good post, I have heard the buzz about his stage performance of Billy Elliot and yes I have heard about the Oscar push. Seems like it could be a good film, read about the Oscar push at HitFix

This post was edited by Klattuu at September 5, 2012 1:56 PM EDT
  • Canadian_Girl
    • 12 posts
    September 6, 2012 12:37 AM EDT
    Awesome, thanks for that information and I just watched the trailer and it seems like a very interesting movie.
  • O\u043f\u0456\u043a\u0443\u043d
    • 71 posts
    October 29, 2012 2:02 PM EDT
    The movie looks good, I like based on true events movies and that was a very sad time when that happened.
  • Glamour_Girl
    • 13 posts
    March 18, 2013 3:02 PM EDT

The Impossible was a fantastic movie and it is a travesty that it was snub at the Oscars and also another slight that Tom Holland did not get a nomination for his great performance.

He was outstanding and was the star of the film and I think if you have not seen it then try to. 

• April 28, 2013 11:44 AM EDT

Tom Holland should take YAA im just going to be proud to be in the running against him but his movie was awesome its takes a great role to get a greast preformance! the impossible was that...now had i been cast it would be a different story....lol

• Front_Row_Center
    • 68 posts
    April 28, 2013 11:49 AM EDT

I had the pleasure of seeing The Child (I have my ways) and kudos to your performce you have great promise. I agree you also would have aced The Impossible it all boils down to the material you are given to work with and good actors ace when they are in a movie with good production values.

christian_traeumer said:

Tom Holland should take YAA im just going to be proud to be in the running against him but his movie was awesome its takes a great role to get a greast preformance! the impossible was that...now had i been cast it would be a different story....lol

This post was edited by Front_Row_Center at April 28, 2013 11:49 AM EDT