Forums » Movies

The Karate Kid (1984)

• FilmGuy
    • 13 posts
    January 25, 2019 3:28 PM EST

I know many of you here do not post over at Former Teen Stars, I have added a topic over there based on the hype over the YouTube red series Cobra Kai, so check it out by clicking the link below but you can add your comments on the film here if you do not have an account over there.

The Karate Kid

• Broderick
    • 10 posts
    January 25, 2019 9:20 PM EST

An awesome oldie, one of my fav DVDs I have the set of movies but this is o much better than the others.

• JeffJones
    • 84 posts
    January 26, 2019 12:58 AM EST

I was just there and a good read on one of my all time favs, I also went and saw Glass and I left my review for it on the forum over there.

Props for the admin for this site now running maybe 18 years and now opening of the FTS, I always told admin to put up a paypal donate button but won't do it so I will support in any form by using tAmazonzon links on the two sites to buy anythihg I see and want as it give the site a commison.

Baumgartner, I know you are new but a core of us go right back to the beginning.

• Keesha
    • 21 posts
    January 26, 2019 10:19 AM EST

The Jaden Smith Karate Kid was wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better and many people also believe that.

• Film_Fan
    • 53 posts
    January 26, 2019 2:54 PM EST
    I know you are a big fan of Jaden Smith but it is not even close, the original is far better.
    Keesha said:

The Jaden Smith Karate Kid was wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better and many people also believe that.

This post was edited by Film_Fan at January 26, 2019 2:56 PM EST
  • Skater_TJ
    • 90 posts
    January 26, 2019 8:48 PM EST
    Noooooooooooooooooooooo way not even close.
    Keesha said:

This post was edited by Skater_TJ at January 26, 2019 8:49 PM EST
  • Broderick
    • 10 posts
    January 26, 2019 11:20 PM EST
    Spoken like a true Jaden Smith fan but not too many people would agree with you but the Jaden Smith one was ok but the original was great.
    Keesha said:

This post was edited by Broderick at January 26, 2019 11:20 PM EST
  • Rog
    Rog
    • 21 posts
    January 27, 2019 10:42 AM EST
    LOL, as a fan of Jaden Smith I would expect you to say that but nope. lol
    Keesha said:

This post was edited by Rog at January 27, 2019 10:43 AM EST
  • Francisco
    • 16 posts
    January 27, 2019 1:42 PM EST

The Jaden Smith Karate Kid is not even as good as The Next Karate Kid and that ****.

• Aran04
    • 12 posts
    January 27, 2019 5:43 PM EST

Oh stop hatin Jaden Smith's Karate Kid was not that bad, not as good as the old one but not as bad as you are making out guys, I mean you all hate Jaden I am not a fan but the movie was ok.

• Eldon
    • 15 posts
    January 27, 2019 11:08 PM EST

The Karate Kid is in my all time top 10 movies, the Jaden Smith one was ok, the acting was lousy from him.

• Jannik
    • 9 posts
    January 28, 2019 11:30 AM EST

I love all the Karate Kid movies and the new series Cobra Kai.

• Leandro
    • 7 posts
    January 30, 2019 1:34 PM EST

The first was awesome the second was ok, the third sucked, the 4th was a joke and The Jaden Smith one was ok.

• Thran05
    • 14 posts
    January 30, 2019 5:20 PM EST

Stop the hate, Jaden Smith's Karate Kid was pretty cool, I mean not as good as the old one but better than Karate Kid 3 and The Next Karate Kid for sure.

• Adrien
    • 20 posts
    January 31, 2019 3:08 PM EST

It is one of my favorite movies I have watched it so many times, I even liked the Jaden Smith Karate Kid.

• Jennifer
    • 6 posts
    January 31, 2019 10:51 PM EST

Oh don't be so mean Jaden was so cute as The Karate Kid, it was an ok movie to me anyway.

• Lukas
    • 33 posts
    February 1, 2019 1:13 PM EST

Jaden Smith's The Karate Kid was a joke because he is not a good actor, what a wasted effort.

• Rapha\u00ebl
    • 9 posts
    February 4, 2019 4:17 PM EST

Larusso is a wimpy kid, even after first KK he was a wimp in part 2 and part3, all he knew and could fight he was still a wimpy kid..

• Jeff_Wincott
    • 93 posts
    February 4, 2019 11:41 PM EST

The Karate Kid is an 80s classic, the second was for cash due to the popularity and the third is Razzie material I agree and it had a slew of noms, the third is nothing more than a reboot with a girl. Jaden Smith entry makes you ask as you do with many remakes....WHY?

• Nasru
    • 21 posts
    February 6, 2019 9:41 AM EST

The Karate Kid is the best movie, wax on wax off. also Cobra Kai on YT is awesome.

• OG John
    • 86 posts
    February 6, 2019 12:44 PM EST

I love the movie and the second one the other 2 meh! and the Jaden Smith one is rubbish.

• JeffOBrien
    • 11 posts
    February 6, 2019 3:22 PM EST

Good movie, the Jaden Smith one was pure rubbish, he is not a good actor at all, no screen presence.

• Sofine
    • 66 posts
    February 6, 2019 10:46 PM EST

Just about everyone loves the original Karate Kid.

• Jazzy_Girl
    • 24 posts
    February 7, 2019 8:52 PM EST

A boys movie.

• $NavyBoy$
    • 49 posts
    February 9, 2019 6:42 PM EST
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, best joke I heard in  along time that the abysmal Jaden Smith version of The Karate Kid is way better than the 84 classic, I nearly bust a gut.
    Keesha said:

This post was edited by $NavyBoy$ at February 9, 2019 6:42 PM EST